Monday, January 27, 2014

Saturday

We spent a good part of Saturday in the kitchen.  Christopher made breakfast, while I whipped up some cornbread.


We were too busy visiting and laughing over breakfast, that I completely forgot about the cornbread in the oven.  Ooops!  It wasn't completely burned, but it definitely was over-baked.  I set that one aside for us to gnaw at another day, and mixed up another pan of cornbread.

Christopher's parents came over for dinner and we started with some munchies in the living room.


We then had shrimp po boys:


And then king crab, tiger shrimp & sausage gumbo, with cornbread.


I forgot to snap pictures of the dessert, but we made pecan pie and homemade custard.

What did you do on Saturday?

2 comments:

Amber said...

You guys always make the most amazing looking gourmet meals -- I want to come for dinner one day!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum! All the food sounds awesome. And I think it's great that you were so distracted by the fun you were having that you forgot about the cornbread (even though it was probably annoying to have to remake it!).

My Saturday was full of errand running, church, catching up on the phone with my mom, and making a new recipe (a chicken & broccoli rabe dish).